Return

Return to Countryville

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Shania Surprises Fans On Her Birthday

feature

Shania Twain Photo Courtesy of Mercury Nashville

August 28, 2009 - It's been 7 years since fans have heard new music from Shania Twain. And just over a year ago fans got the shocking news that her 14 year marriage to husband-producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange was ending. But today, Shania let her fans know that she's doing okay and things are going pretty good. The news came by way of a very intimate letter and home video posted on her website shaniatwain.com. The release of the letter and video were part of surprise gift back to her fans on her birthday.
"Why I decided to share this personal side of my life with you at this point is to answer the questions I get asked so often lately: 'how are you, where have you been and what have you been doing?' Shania wrote in the letter. "A big part of the answer is in the [video] montage. I'm 'okay' - yes, I hit a very big bump in the road, but Eja and I are doing well and with all the concern you, my fans, have shown over this difficult period, I want you to see for yourself that we are doing fine, by sharing these personal images with you." Shania went on to confirm for her fans.
The home video images take fans along as Shania takes a tandem skydiving jump from 10,000 feet above the Florida Keys. Shania shares a little of her motivation behind the jump in her words printed on the screen, "It's as if I needed to do something to take my breath away to remind me to breathe." The footage is definitely breathtaking!
Next up, Shania shares her holiday trip to the Swiss Alps, offering fans a firsthand view from her seat in the small Piper airplane she rode in before landing on the top of a glacier for a picnic. Then it was off for a day of skiing with the son Eja.
Shania's next stop in the video was a trip she took to Beirut, Lebanon where she toured the city and spent some time in the bomb ruined areas devasted by that country's civil war. As the footage rolled by Shania's on screen message read "I wish war and its destruction could just end everywhere."
From there Shania makes a stop in Cairo, Egypt where we see her horseback riding across the desert sands in front of the Pyramids. Then Shania trades in her horse for a camel during a visit to the Dubai desert. Then it's back on a horse for beach rides along the coast where the Sinai desert meets the Red Sea...
The video continues with Shania spending time "dancing" with a Spanish Stallion and swimming with the dolpins in Dubai. The video wraps with a stop in Barcelona, Spain and a message from Shania, "My travels have been incredibly rejuvenating. They have filled me up with a deeper appreciation for life and replenished my appetite for living, loving and laughing."
Read the full letter and watch the video now at www.shaniatwain.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville