Return

Return to Countryville

Monday, August 31, 2009

Carrie Underwood Surprises Hometown High School With Musical Instruments

August 28, 2009
Carrie Underwood surprised high school students in her hometown of Checotah, Okla., with a performance and new musical instruments worth more than $117,000. The donation is part of Underwood's new Checotah Animal, Town & School (C.A.T.S.) Foundation and was granted in conjunction with the Academy of Country Music's charitable arm, ACM Lifting Lives. Underwood also brought one of the school's fifth graders onstage to perform "So Small" with her. "I am so proud to have come from such a wonderful community that helped shape me as a person," said Underwood, "and I can think of nothing better than to share the gift of music with the students in my hometown. It's so great to be able to give back in a way that can truly better the lives of these kids and help create dreams and opportunities. I'd like to give a very special thanks to the Academy of Country Music's Lifting Lives for helping me make this dream come true." View photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville