Return

Return to Countryville

Friday, July 10, 2009

Taylor Swift's Revealing Confession

feature

Taylor Swift photo by Anthony Joseph Baker, courtesy of Big Machine Records.

July 10, 2009 — Taylor Swift tells Canadian newspaper the Leader-Post that songwriting is very cathartic.
"The only thing I think about when I'm writing a song is the person I'm writing the song about," she explains. "Music is very confessional to me. It's a chance for me to say things that I wouldn't be brave enough to say to the person's face. A lot of times I feel things for somebody that I'm just not going to tell them because they're not in my life anymore or I've got too much pride to say it. But in my music I can say it.
"The feeling of confession and needing to tell somebody something that they don't know, that you can't get up the nerve to tell them, that's a universal feeling," she adds.
Taylor's latest confession, "You Belong With Me," is currently at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Don't miss our behind-the-scenes special, Taylor Swift on the Set: You Belong With Me20airing Sunday, July 12 at 10:30 p.m. ET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville