Return

Return to Countryville

Thursday, July 30, 2009

9 to 5: The Musical Closing on Broadway

July 29, 2009
The Broadway production of 9 to 5: The Musical, with a score written by Dolly Parton, will close on Broadway on Sept. 6 due to disappointing ticket sales. However, a new touring production of the musical will be launched in Nashville on Sept. 21, 2010. The musical won a Drama Desk award earlier this year following a record-setting 15 nominations. "I couldn't have asked for a better experience on my first Broadway show," said Parton. "I've had the privilege of working with an amazing group of people who have become like family to me. I can't wait for this show to hit the road so people across the country can see why I'm so proud of everyone involved. And I'm so pleased that we'll be opening the tour in Nashville. Great things happen in Nashville."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville