Return

Return to Countryville

Friday, April 24, 2009

Jake Owen Has "Love" on the Brain

feature
Jake Owen photo by James Minchin, courtesy of RCA Nashville.

April 24, 2009 — Jake Owen ranks among country music's most eligible bachelors, and that certainly helped fuel interest in his current hit, "Don't Think I Can't Love You," which reached all the way to No. 2 on the Billboard country singles chart.
As it turns out, love and romance rate very highly among his priorities.
"I think I'm a pretty romantic kind of guy, and I get that from my dad, watching the things he used to do for my mom," Jake told Suzanne Alexander on the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "Like I'd get up early in the morning to go to school, and my dad had already left, and I noticed that my dad had left my mom a note on the counter or something, saying, 'Honey, I love ya. I'll see you later tonight.' Just simple stuff like that I think is what makes marriages last and relationships last. And yeah, I'm a romantic guy, but I think it's gotta be in the right setting and the right person."
Fans who attended last year's inaugural GAC Kick-Off Breakfast at the CMA Music Festival got to hear Jake perform "Don't Think I Can't Love You" months before it actually made it to the radio. Slated for this year's Kick-Off Breakfast on June 10 are Darius Rucker, Eric Church, Emily West and Lane Turner with host Mark Wills. Priced at $40, tickets go on sale Monday at CountryMusicHallofFame.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville