Return

Return to Countryville

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dierks Bentley’s Career Goes South

feature
Dierks Bentley photo courtesy of Capitol Nashville.

April 29, 2009 — Dierks Bentley adds a new experience to his career path this week when he performs in Australia for the first time on Friday.
Dierks launches his first show Down Under as the opening act for Brooks & Dunn in Perth, and the itinerary takes him to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane during a nine-day run.
"We got a taste of international touring last summer when we played all over Europe, and I'm hooked," he says. "I've heard that Australia has some hard-core country music fans, so I am looking forward to getting down there and playing for them. You can't go to Australia without exploring the local culture in the pubs, so I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't equally as excited about that."
Just a few weeks after returning to the U.S., Dierks sets out on the American Saturday Night Tour as an opening act for Brad Paisley. Also aboard is Jimmy Wayne, with Charlotte, N.C., slated as thei r first destination on June 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville