Return

Return to Countryville

Friday, March 13, 2009

Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood Bring Opry to "Idol"

March 13, 2009 — Since its debut in 2002, "American Idol" has become a cultural institution. Its longevity is impressive but nowhere near the continuity of the Grand Ole Opry, which has held sway on Nashville radio since 1925.
Next week, the two all-American titles will join forces as "Idol" uses an Opry theme, requiring contestants to sing a song made famous by an Opry member. Tying it all together, current Opry stars Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis will perform on the show from Los Angeles' Kodak Theatre on Wednesday.
"I am so excited that two of my musical passions, 'American Idol' and the Grand Ole Opry, are joining together to create a really special week of music," Carrie says. "I am always thrilled to return to the 'Idol' stage and am so proud to this time be bringing with me one of my heroes, Randy Travis. I knew the Opry first, but 'Idol' gave me my start and helped lead me to the Opry stage. It's a great feeling to be able to help bring these two worlds together."
Carrie and Randy will join voices on "I Told You So," her current hit. Randy actually wrote the song and released the original version in 1988. Randy, in fact, had the honor of inviting Carrie to join the Opry immediately after she sang that song on the venerable show.
Brad will sing "Then," the first single from his upcoming album American Saturday Night. The single is slated for release to radio on Monday, one week after its original delivery date.
GAC airs Opry Live every Saturday at 9 p.m. ET. This weekend's edition features Keith Urban, Marty Stuart, Connie Smith and the Carolina Chocolate Drops.

Danielle
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/RebaRulesForever/
http://forums.delphiforums.com/rebarules/start
http://forums.delphiforums.com/tvprime/start

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return

Return to Countryville